xsl-list

RE: How to retain the apostrope in the xml content when transformed through XSL.

2002-12-12 03:24:41
<field fid="MiscOtherInfo">update misc 'info' that</field>

The xsl statement I used to get the Value and to display it on the
Browser embeeded with the html.

<xsl:value-of select=".//field[(_at_)fid='MiscOtherInfo']"
disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

The output I get in the Browser is :

update misc &apos;info&apos; that

Please clarify how to get the contents as it is from the xml.I
need the single quote to come as it is in the output as,

update misc 'info'  that.

Firstly, don't use disable-output-escaping unless you have a very good
reason that you want to produce ill-formed XML or HTML.

Having said that, I don't understand why you're getting this output.

Are you using the HTML output method?

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com