xsl-list

Count with embedded child elements

2002-12-09 03:04:48
I have tried both variations - with this:

<xsl:value-of select="count(//tu/tuv/seg/text() [contains (.,
$SearchText)])"/>

I get a higher count than I want because there may be multiple text

And with this I get a lower count than I want because it only looks at
the first text node (me thinks...)

<xsl:value-of select="count(//tu/tuv/seg [contains (/text(),
$SearchText)])"/>

I want to count the number of <tu>s that have the
search term in the <seg> element but I want to ignore the text in the
 <ut> element. And I don't want to count multiple text nodes in the
<seg> element with the matching term.