xsl-list

Re: the joy of breaking out from procedural/imperative programming style (was: Re: Peculiar Problem in .xsl file

2002-12-06 11:07:42

Functional Programming at its most basic.

except they still managed to miss out the most basic property of
functional programming languages, the ability to manipulate functions as
data. But yes I agree that having user defined functions will be a big
win. (shame about the rest of xpath2 though:-)

Probably I'd have written

tokenize("January,February,March,April,May,June,July,August,September,October,November,December",",")

as
("January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October","November","December")

which seems simpler although I note it's a few characters more.

David