xsl-list

Re: Problems using java extensions with XSL

2002-12-06 08:22:16
Carlos Barroso wrote:

> In windows this works perfectly. In Linux, with the same classpath, it gives
> me
> the following error:
>
>    java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: For extension function, could not
> find method
> org.apache.xml.utils.NodeVector.finalString([ExpressionContext,] #NUMBER,
> #NUMBER).
>
> NOTE: in windows and in linux I put "ProcessText.class" in the same
> directory of the XSL file.

Hmmm, I'd have expected a class-not-found exception, but this one?
Anyway ...

You may be calling your xslt-processor differently. I had the same
trouble lately before I realized that

java -jar saxon7.jar

behaves entirely different to

java net.sf.saxon.Transform

The java -jar form will IGNORE your CLASSPATH environment variable!!!
It's easy to get the startup call different in the different installations on your different systems. And you thought java -jar
was a convenient way of invoking a Java program :-)

regards
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow, M.D., Ph.D.