xsl-list

Re: Doing HTTP/POST from XSLT is fun!

2002-12-02 14:20:16
On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 02:26:02PM -0500, Gunther Schadow wrote:
Hi,

my final contribution of new stuff today is that I have code, which
I am willing to share, that allows you to perform HTTP/POST requests
from within XSLT. This is not so strange as it may sound. You can
already do HTTP/GET requests using the document() function. But I
am using XSLT to do web-services, and so I want to call web services
from within an XSLT script. Here is an example:

<post:message url="...">
   <post:with-param name="SOAPAction" select="..."/>
</post:message>

  Bahh ... simply use

  <exslt:document="http://example.com/foo/bar";>
  </exslt:document>

no need for yet another specialized extension... It can then fallback
to PUT or POST.

Daniel

veillard(_at_)redhat(_dot_)com  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit
http://xmlsoft.org/