xsl-list

Re: Blank line with XSL-FO

2003-01-29 01:51:14
Mukul wrote:

I am writing a XSL-FO stylesheet to display a report
from XML data. I have to write a header, footer and
body area of report. The report header is of 3 lines
followed by body(which will display actual records).

I am using <fo:static-content
flow-name="xsl-region-before"> to display header
content, and <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body"> to
display report data.

The 1st two lines of header display some text, and
*the 3rd line of header must be blank*.

I am facing problem to specify the blank line of
header. I have specified  fo:region-body
margin-top="20mm" (in fo:simple-page-master)to leave
space between header and body.
Is there a better way to specify blank line in header,
which will act as seperator with body? I do not wish
to specify fo:region-body margin-top="20mm" for this
purpose..

What's wrong with it? Don't forget regions can overlap so if don't provide enough space for region-before it'll overlap region-body. Alternatively consider using fo:table with fo:table-header and fo:table-body to get rid of overlapping, because table body never overlaps table header, so placing 3 lines in a header would be enough. You can guarantee empty line by using line separator character followed by fo:leader for instance.
Line of text &#x2028;<fo:leader/>

--
Oleg Tkachenko
eXperanto team