xsl-list

Re: speed optimization

2003-01-27 04:04:45

Just to clarify: when referring to rumors, I did *not* refer to your
statements

But they were rumours none the less: based on gut feeling (from reading
the xslt spec) how an xslt processor should work. I haven't implemented
a processor and I haven't run any time tests on those examples (or many
others for that matter:-). Of course when writing a stylesheet it helps
to have some feeling for how things ought to work, but intuition is a
dangerous thing at times and for debugging and profiling a stylesheet
once it's written there's no doubt that a debugger and profiler would be
more reliable than gut feeling...

David