xsl-list

RE: generating <a href="#section"> menus. Related to <xsl:for-each> and generate-id()

2003-01-14 06:44:14
    :Change
    :
    :  <xsl:attribute name="href">
    :    #sect_
    :    <xsl:number value="position()" format="I"/>
    :  </xsl:attribute>
    :  <xsl:value-of select="title"/>
    :
    :
    :  <xsl:attribute name="href">
    :    <xsl:text/>#<xsl:value-of select="generate-id()" />
    :  </xsl:attribute>
    :  <xsl:value-of select="title"/>

See, I tried that, but <sect> nodes should be bookmarked with respective
ids too, right? Otherwise when you click on the link the browser
wouldn't scroll down to that section.

I dont' see anything wrong with the current implementation, but at the
learning stage I tend to be a little too curious, I am afraid <grin />.

To go further with my nonsense... I tried:

 <xsl:template match="sect">
   <a name="{generate-id()}"><xsl:value-of select="title" /></a>
 </xsl:template>

to book mark each section with unique name. And somewhere else,
I wanted to get the list of all the generated names(ids) and titles for
the table of contents.
But didn't take me too long to realise this trick was a little above me.

Please, tell me its not possible. I won't be disappointed!

sherzod