xsl-list

Re: the fo:block thing

2003-01-14 01:02:41
Thanks!

Hmm it looks very promising that block-container but somehow it only
displays the first word of the text sting and only one line (not two as u
describe). What could the problem be?

//Matts

G. Ken Holman  (13.1.2003  14:50):
At 2003-01-13 12:52 +0200, Matts Isuls wrote:
Just started with fo.

Welcome!

I have this cell in a table. ... The thing is that is always have to use
two lines. How do i do this?

This was important for me when developing stylesheets for use with the
Universal Business Language (UBL) documents.  Each field on the form has a
prescribed location and size, yet the information in each field varies, so
I couldn't rely on the number of lines of text.

I ended up using a block container within the table-cell.  This required me

to set the block container to a multiple of the number of lines, but
remember that the default line-height is implementation dependent, so I had

to then explicitly set the line-height so that my multiplier worked.

In the example below I have font-size="10pt" line-height="1.1" which means
that two lines will take up 22pt, so each cell has <block-container
height="22pt"> to force a two-line height.

I hope this helps.

......................... Ken

<flow flow-name="frame-body" font-family="Times" font-size="10pt"
line-height="1.1">

  <block>This is a test</block>
          <block-container height="22pt">
            <block>Short line</block>
          </block-container>
          <block-container height="22pt">
            <block>Short line</block>
          </block-container>
          <block-container height="22pt">
            <block>Short line</block>
          </block-container>
          <block-container height="22pt">
            <block>A longer line with enough information for two
rows.</block>
          </block-container>
[...]

</flow>