xsl-list

Re: xsl:sort with lang attribute

2003-01-08 12:13:20
Michael Kay wrote:
How well do the current crop of XSLT processors (I'm thinking of Saxon6, Saxon7, Xalan, and xsltproc)
support the lang attribute in xsl:sort?

Saxon 6.x uses the lang attribute to attempt to load a user-defined
sorting module, as described in [1]. There is no built-in support for
multiple languages, just hooks that allow you to do it yourself.

[1]
http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon6.5.2/extensibility.html#Implementing-
a-collating-sequence

The sample internationalization support library (i18n_support) available from the ISOGEN Web site (http://www.isogen.com/downloads/cool_tools/cool_tools.jsp) includes samples of custom collators for Saxon 6.5. In this implementation, I have a single factory method that creates Java Collators for a particular locale (or using local collation rules). The Saxon collators then delegate to this factory to get the appropriate collator.

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot(_at_)isogen(_dot_)com
Consultant, ISOGEN International

1016 La Posada Dr., Suite 240
Austin, TX  78752 Phone: 512.656.4139