xsl-list

Re: [OT] charset (was: how to get an NCR in the output?)

2003-01-05 10:43:54
Julian Reschke wrote:

I think the RFC text you quoted supported what I've said:

I don't think so, but let's agree to disagree ;)

> if there is no
> charset parameter for "text/html", it defaults to ISO-8859-1

Can you quote a normative source stating this so definitively?
In the RFC, there is, among other statements and quotes: "The default character set, which must be assumed in the absence of a charset parameter, is US-ASCII."

If the IETF itself doesn't really know what's the default, how could we?
In this spirit, let's put this OT thread to rest.

As for the XML related issues, others discussed this extensively:, so we don't have to repeat it here, in an OT thread.
Check

Tobi
--

Vim users               donate.