xsl-list

RE: Saxon is the best!!!

2003-02-20 17:05:02
Rakesh wrote:
Hi,
Can u please tell me how i can user SAXON parser? I am
using FOP for
processing XML data using XSL:FO for outputs. It fails after just
10mb. i have to process larger volume of data say 100mb. I
can see in
the FOP.bat file that its using XALAN and SAX Parser.
Please guide me.

Make a backup copy, remove xerces.jar, xml-apis.jar and
xalan.jar from the classpath, put the saxon.jar into the
classpath and make sure you are not using JDK1.4. A somewhat
simpler approach is to use the command line utility from
Saxon to produce a FO file from your XML and XSL, then run
this file through FOP.

Setting the system property javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory to
"com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl" (in the case of Saxon 6.5.2) also
ensures that Saxon rather than Xalan will be picked up.

Incidentally, this JAXP interface is a wonderful beast. I had a user
recently who was running Saxon from the Xalan command line...

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com