xsl-list

RE: xsl:sort and axis navigation

2003-02-20 17:01:38
Then in the template, when I this test :

<xsl:if test="SOUSTHEME != following-sibling ::
SOUSTHEME[1]"> <xsl:attribute name="break-after">page</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:if>

Does the test take the sorted data or the original XML datas
(coming from a java classes) ?

The axes always navigate the source tree in which the node is contained.
If you want to navigate in the sorted data, you will have to create a
temporary tree that is sorted, as you suggest.

You haven't described your problem, but it looks like a grouping
problem. Have you checked the standard solutions to grouping problems at
http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/grouping ?

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

In other words, should I do a first transformation to sort my data in
order to be able to do this test correctly ?

I think I should because the result is not what I expected...
I just need a confirmation, or maybe a way for me not to do 2
XSLT transformation.

Thanks !

Simon