xsl-list

Re: Re: Reference to variable cannot be resolved.

2003-02-14 12:52:53

What the WD specifies is two or more x-s with exactly the same scope.
not _exactly_ the same as the second isn't in the scope of the first.
I agree it looks worse because there isn't an explicit scope marking
but xsl:variable is really just (let ...) with an implicit end of scope
) inserted at the end of the parent element, isn't it?

I agree to xsl:variables with the same name that are siblings are
probably a user error, but in stopping that xslt1 also stopped
rebinding inside explicit nested element scope as well,

But I think basically we are saying the same thing (just making it look
like an argument to make it interesting)

I think the biggest problem here is that the scope of a variable is no
longer obvious in these cases.

David