xsl-list

Re: Reference to variable cannot be resolved.

2003-02-13 14:24:07
Thanks to Wendell and all who helped. I was doing the
right thing in the first place. But because of several
consecutive comments at the top of the external xml
file, IE was complaining. So I removed the comments
and put the variable declaration in the right spot and
all was in order.
Well I'm still on the learning curve and your tips are
helping me get up to speed. Thanks again.

Imrran

--- Wendell Piez <wapiez(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com> wrote:
Imrran,

Bind the lookup node set to its variable globally,
i.e. outside any
templates. Then it will be in scope for any
template.

It also means that the expensive
document('lookup.xml') call will happen
once, not every time a given template is hit. Not
all processors optimize this.

Cheers,
Wendell