xsl-list

RE: a quick question re:   html entity

2003-02-07 06:32:49
At the moment, I'm trying to output

<form method="post" id="filter"
action="/sops/sk.php?op=listing&NOCACHE=1&DEBUG=xml" />

but I always get &amp; due to output escaping.

<form method="post" id="filter"
action="/sops/sk.php?op=listing&amp;NOCACHE=1&amp;DEBUG=xml" />

It looks like I have no choice but to disable output escaping in this
particular instance.

Oh dear, we are getting all the old chestnuts.

Correct HTML demands that an ampersand in a URL (or anywhere) is escaped
as &_amp;. (without the underscore of course). You can use
disable-output-escaping to generate incorrect HTML if you are really
determined, and every known browser will let you get away with this
error, but why would you want to?

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com