xsl-list

RE: N : M transformation

2003-02-03 06:29:08
exsl:document seems to be the best solution. Is there any reson why
Saxon doesn't support it? (other than time constraints and the like)

The semantics of exsl:document aren't identical to those of the facility
implemented in Saxon 6.5.2, and I had already caused enough confusion with
different names and definitions of the instruction without adding more. Also, I
think that by the time it was specified, I had pretty well frozen the 6.x line
except for bug fixing.

In 7.x my priority is to implement standard XSLT 2.0 features.

Michael Kay