xsl-list

Re: xsl:element namespace issues.

2003-03-31 15:16:09
A coworker, using Microsoft's parser
simply uses:

<xsl:element name="MSHelp:Keyword">
    <xsl:attribute name="index">K</xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:attribute name="term">Foobar</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:element>

That looks a complicated rather than simple, you could just go
<MSHelp:Keyword index="K" term="Foobar"/>
assuming MSHelp prefix is declared in your stylesheet.

However for me (Linux and libxslt via xsltproc) there is only
<Keyword>
it comes out unprefixed?
The only reason I could see for your code not producing the attributes
if you have set xml:space somewhere so that you are generating a (white)
text node child of the mshelp:Keyword element. You can not add attribute
nodes once you have added a child.

David