xsl-list

RE: XML object to Javascript string

2003-03-31 15:04:53
Convert the node to a string in the calling code, not the called code,
by calling the XPath string() function.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Mac Martine
Sent: 31 March 2003 21:25
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] XML object to Javascript string

Hi-
 I am having trouble getting an xml object to convert to a
string. I have tried everything I can think of. Could someone
please help?

Here are the code snippets, but calling toString() is not
doing what I expect...

Thanks-
 Mac

<msxsl:script language="Javascript" implements-prefix="my">
        function split( str, toMatch )
        {
                      var newString = str.toString()
                      return newString;