xsl-list

Re: Empty spaces turn to %20

2003-03-28 09:30:33
Hi Brian,

This will get easier in XSLT 2.0, right?  Something like:

<xsl:analyze-string select="text()" regex="%20">
  <xsl:non-matching-substring>
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
  </xsl:non-matching-substring>
  <xsl:matching-substring>
    <xsl:text> </xsl:text>
  <xsl:matching-substring>
</xsl:analyze-string>

A bit unwieldy for a string replacement construct (unless I'm
missing a shorthand way of doing this), but I'll take it,
particularly when I have no control over the source XML.

Easier would be to use the replace() function in XPath 2.0:

  <xsl:value-of select="replace(text(), '%20', ' ')" />

You only need to use <xsl:analyze-string> if you want to do further
manipulation of the matching (or non-matching) strings.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison