xsl-list

Re: where does one stick the doctype?

2003-03-20 16:27:57
At 05:47 PM 3/20/03, you wrote:

Hi Eliot,

I understand that a DOCTYPE declaration can contain any valid element in
the DTD.  But I'm wondering if there's a way that XSL can insert this
element name when it creates the declaration via xsl:output or
xsl:document.

My sense was that XSLT automatically puts the root element of your output
document in your DOCTYPE line as you specified it in your stylesheet, so y
ou don't have to do it yourself. That seems to have happened with all of my
XSLT scripts to date. However, I'm not positive that's exactly what's happening --
does anyone know the real technical details?

--Chris

Texterity ~ XML and PDF ePublishing Services
Chris Loschen, XML Developer
Texterity, Inc.
144 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772 USA