xsl-list

RE: local extremums

2003-03-18 13:19:34
Evgenia,

It may be more helpful if you were to provide XSLT with your list below.
Part of the difficulty you are having is deciding which nodes you wish to
keep and which nodes to throw out.  Unfortunately, the english you have
provided is not precise enough to explain which nodes you are
interested in.

Agreed.

However, I would suggest
that if you want to group them, you iterate over the list and add some zeros
in front of your numbers.  For example, the first range element has a
Cnt="0".  I would iterate over your list and make that number Cnt="000".
And any number less than 100 I would add a single zero.  This will make it
easier for the xsl <sort> element as it will group the numbers (0, 2345,
12, 342, 9)  in a strange order (0, 12, 2345, 342, 9).

Actually, you don't need to do this.  Instead, use the attribute
   data-type="number"
in the <xsl:sort element>.  Then the data will be sorted numerically
(0, 9, 12, 342, 2345) instead of textually (0, 12, 2345, 342, 9).

Lars