xsl-list

RE: Hmmmm.... translate function

2003-03-14 12:11:21
Translate is on character basis, that is translating the character on
the 2nd string to the character on the same position on the 3rd string.
More characters you provide on 3rd string will just be ignored.
Seems there's no convinient function in xsl to be found to solve your
problem. You may want to combine substring-before and substring-after
functions.

Thanks,
Jun

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Stubsjoen [mailto:karl(_at_)azprogolf(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 10:45 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Hmmmm.... translate function

Hello,
I've purchased the MSXML 4.0 SDK from MSDN, and love it! However, a
quick question about translating strings with the translate function...

From the SDK:
The following function call returns "BAr":

translate("bar","abc","ABC")What I have is a "+" plus symbol in an
attribute which I need to correctly translateto "%2B".  So I have:
<xsl:value-of select="translate(@div,'+','%2B')/>This almost works, but
it seems that this translate replaces only the exact amount of
charactersfound.  Uhhh... does that make sense?Example(_at_)div = "12 All
+"Becomes:  "12 All %"Karl