xsl-list

Re: Wrapping text in XSL-FO table

2003-03-10 15:52:25
Steve Switzer wrote:

Will setting the language solve this problem?

The FO processor has to know which national language is in effect so it knows which hyphentation configuration to use. I would expect any FO implementation to only do accurate hyphentation if the language has been set.

Of course, if the language hasn't been set and hyphentation has been turned on, I would also expect any FO implementation to issue a warning that it can't select a hyphentation strategy because it doesn't know which language is in effect.

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot(_at_)isogen(_dot_)com
Consultant, ISOGEN International

1016 La Posada Dr., Suite 240
Austin, TX  78752 Phone: 512.656.4139