xsl-list

Aberrant Alphabetizing.

2003-03-07 04:39:59
I have run into something (embarrassingly) unexpected, using sort to alphabetize
book titles to be printed in a catalog. The sort is working pefectly for most of
the books. But here are 5 examples of incorrect sorting (that were, sigh,
pointed out to me by the client):

Computers at Risk: Safe Computing in the Information Age
     (should be 2nd)

Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
     (should be 1st)

Effectiveness of the United States Advanced Battery Consortium as a
Government-Industry Partnership
     (should be 5th)

Effective Services for Young Children: Report of a Workshop
     (should be 4th)

Effect of Environment on Nutrient Requirements of Domestic Animals
     (should be 3rd)