xsl-list

RE: input type radio checked

2003-03-05 00:46:33
Hi,

Two things are probably at play here:
1. When XML is looking at your HTML it needs for attributes
to all be in
an acceptable form
As far as XML is concerned.  In other words, something like <br> is ok
in HTML,
but in XML you need to write <br />  Same thing with the attribute
called: checked
Write it like this:
checked="True"

See HTML 4.01 or XHTML 1.0 DTDs - the only allowed value for checked attribute
is "checked".

2. The other issue relates to setting the attirbute inside the <input>
and </input>  Although logically it would seem to work, it
can be easily
solved using "choose" instead of "if" like this:
<xsl:for-each select="registro">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="position() = 1">
      <input checked="True" type="radio" name="votacionvalor"
value="{valorrespuesta}" />
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <input type="radio" name="votacionvalor"
value="{valorrespuesta}"
/>
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
  <xsl:value-of select="respuesta"/><br />
</xsl:for-each>

I have to disagree with you here, using xsl:attribute should be favored in this
case - unless I'm missing something here?

Cheers,

Jarno - God Module: Interference