xsl-list

RE: RE: Documenting XML schema: a schema-to-XHTML stylesheet?

2003-04-29 10:00:01
Kurt Göedel lives!
--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email

-----Original Message-----
From:     "Michael Kay" <mhk(_at_)mhk(_dot_)me(_dot_)uk>
Sent:     Mon, 28 Apr 2003 21:17:26 +0100
To:       <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Cc:       "'Ronan Danno'" <ronan(_dot_)danno(_at_)kynogon(_dot_)com>
Subject:  RE: [xsl] Documenting XML schema: a schema-to-XHTML stylesheet?

Argh... I've just found out that one of the XML document
types that I'd planned to document (by writing an XDR schema,
and then using XSLT to produce documentation in XHTML) cannot
be fully expressed in either XDR or XSD

I think it is very rare to find that all the constraints on the validity
of a realistic document type (even considering only the internal
constraints) can be expressed in the form of a grammar. If you can do
this for your other document types, then I suspect there are constraints
that you haven't captured.

Michael Kay