xsl-list

RE: xml to xml transformation

2003-04-28 23:41:36
I need to do a minor transformation of large documents
scheduled daily where
the result will be the same as the original except one
repeating element is
transformed.  What is the best way to transform just these
elements while
leaving the rest of the document the same? (I'm an xslt
newbie by the way)
Is xslt appropriate performance wise?

How can one possibly answer that question without knowing what your
performance requirements are, and what size the documents are?

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

Also, I haven't been able to get the transformation right.  I
need to take
the value of an attribute and make it the element name as follows:

Transform:
<customFieldValue name="cust_1">Custom Field Value
1</customFieldValue> <customFieldValue name="cust_2">Custom
Field Value 2</customFieldValue>

To:
<cust_1>Custom Field Value 1</cust_1>
<cust_2>Custom Field Value 2</cust_2>