xsl-list

Re: xml to xml transformation

2003-04-28 20:28:01
Lainaus Steven Curry <scurry1(_at_)msn(_dot_)com>:

| I need to do a minor transformation of large documents scheduled daily
| where
| the result will be the same as the original except one repeating element is
|
| transformed.  What is the best way to transform just these elements while
| leaving the rest of the document the same? (I'm an xslt newbie by the way)
|
| Is xslt appropriate performance wise?
|
| Also, I haven't been able to get the transformation right.  I need to take
|
| the value of an attribute and make it the element name as follows:
|
| Transform:
| <customFieldValue name="cust_1">Custom Field Value 1</customFieldValue>
| <customFieldValue name="cust_2">Custom Field Value 2</customFieldValue>
|
| To:
| <cust_1>Custom Field Value 1</cust_1>
| <cust_2>Custom Field Value 2</cust_2>
|
| Thanks,
|
| Steve

<xsl:stylesheet version='1.0'
xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform'>

<xsl:output method="xml"/>
 <xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:for-each select="//customFieldValue">
   <xsl:element name="{(_at_)name}"><xsl:value-of select="."/></xsl:element>
  </xsl:for-each>
 </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

RESULTTREE: