xsl-list

RE: FOP conversion font problems

2003-04-23 01:58:37
Assuming the question is right this time :-(

the font in question doesn't have the requisite glyph.
  try it in \tex and see
HTH DaveP.

I am converting documents from XML using XSL into FO files then
using FOP to convert these into PDF.

The problem I am having is that some of my NCR are not transforming
(Numeric Character Reference). My FO file is correct. The
Character NCR is retained "&# 299;" (space added so that you can see
what the NCR is without the space it could appear correctly or
incorrectly) in the FO file.

The transformation is when I run my FO document through the FOP
engine:
Command prompt>fop file.fo file.pdf

What I see instead of the correct character (i with a line over it)
is a "#" (pound sign).

XML:
<element>Solov&# 299;</element> (space added)

--------
S & R '&#' with '& amp;#_'
--------

FO:
<fo:inline>Solov& amp;#_299;</fo:inline> (space added)

--------
S & R '& amp;#_' with '&#'
--------

PDF:
Solov#

I know my XML XSL transformation is no problem, since I regularly
transform XML into HTML or SGML. So, I am trying to fix the problem
that occurs between the FO file and the PDF output file.

I went to the FOP site but I cannot get the jar script to run
correctly. I do not have a cmr10.ttf file on my pc. I am using
Windows 2000.

I regularly get this error when I run my command line.
[ERROR] unknown font Arial,normal,bold so defaulted font to any

Any suggestions?
Sincerely,
Mike Ferrando
Washington, DC

-

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk