xsl-list

Re: Grouping problem?

2003-04-23 02:13:57
Hi Benjamin,

I can't actually test this solution as I don't use saxon, but if you can
then this may work out ok.

Up the top somewhere define an assignable variable

<xsl:variable name="count" select="0" saxon:assignable="yes" />

then

<xsl:template match="/root">
  <xsl:apply-templates />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="ele">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="position() = 1">
      <xsl:variable name="count" select="sum(./@sum)" />
      <xsl:copy>
        <xsl:apply-templates select="node()|@*" />
      </xsl:copy>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="$count < 10">
      <xsl:choose>
        <xsl:when test="($count + sum(./@sum)) >= 10">
          <xsl:variable name="count" select="sum(./@sum)" />
          <xsl:copy>
            <xsl:apply-templates select="node()|@*" />
          </xsl:copy>
        </xsl:when>
        <xsl:otherwise>
          <xsl:variable name="count" select="$count + sum(./@sum)" />
          <xsl:copy>
            <xsl:apply-templates select="node()|@*" />
          </xsl:copy>
        </xsl:otherwise>
      </xsl:choose>
    <xsl:otherwise>
      <xsl:variable name="count" select="sum(./@sum)" />
      <xsl:copy>
        <xsl:apply-templates select="node()|@*" />
      </xsl:copy>
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

It's a bit long winded but it should work.  The last <xsl:otherwise /> in
the main <xsl:choose /> takes care of any first nodes that are greater than
10.  This should also work for any ele grouping like

<root>
  <set val="1">
    <ele sum="1" />
    <ele sum="n" />
  </set>
  <set val="N">
    <ele sum="2" />
    <ele sum="N" />
  </set>
</root>

with a minor mod to the calling template.

Cheers

Simon