xsl-list

concatenated key

2003-04-22 10:38:52
Hi,

Given a node, I'm trying to identify/pull out those nodes in the document having the same set of identically named child nodes. For example, given the node Alpha in the following, I'd like to pull out the "Alpha2" node.

<node name="Alpha">
 <node name="a"/>
 <node name="b"/>
</node>
<node name="roman">
 <node name="i"/>
 <node name="ii"/>
</node>
<node name="Alpha2">
 <node name="a"/>
 <node name="b"/>
</node>

The way I'm thinking about doing this is to construct an xsl:key where the value of the key consists of a concatenation of all the @name of its children and then do a select on the key. However, I can't figure out what expression I should have for the use="" attribute of xsl:key, and would appreciate any help. Also, if someone has a better approach, I'm open to suggestions.

I-Lin Kuo, Ann Arbor, MI
Macromedia Certified ColdFusion 5.0 Advanced Developer
Sun Certified Java 2 Programmer
Ann Arbor Java Users Group (http://www.aajug.org)