xsl-list

RE: Replacing leading zero with space

2003-04-10 15:33:23
format-number() does not do space-padding to a fixed length.

You can pad anything to a fixed length by using a suitable combination
of substring, concat, and string-length.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Cams Ismael
Sent: 10 April 2003 08:33
To: 'xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com'
Subject: [xsl] Replacing leading zero with space

Hello everyone,

is it possible to accomplish following with <xsl:decimal-format> and
format-number():

input: 1,5,9,10,12,16

output should be:
 1
 5
 9
10
12
16

So I want to replace the leading zero with a space. But
<xsl:decimal-format zero-digit=" "> does not work. I know I
can get the result with a combination of the translate and
substring function, but maybe there is an easier way to do
this. Can somebody help me with this ?

Kind regards,
Ismaël