xsl-list

Re: XSL-List Digest V4 #1219

2003-04-10 00:45:41
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:13:10 +0100
From: David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
Subject: Re: [xsl] generate-id and page-number-citation

It's very hard to guess what your stylesheet is doing without a (small)
sample input.

Hi David,
Thanks for the advice that I was generating an empty block by
mistake.

I have made a mini Sample input for you.
                                                occurrence
        <First_Collection>                              (1-n)
                <Bean_Suggestion key="39">              (1)
                        <name>
                         John
                        </name>
                        <surname>
                          Burke
                        </surname>
                        <Second_Collection key="1">     (1-n)
                               < Bean_Finance>          (1)
                                        <product>
                                              3
                                        </product>
                        <Second_Collection key="2">
                               < Bean_Finance>
                                        <product>
                                              2
                                        </product>
                        <Second_Collection key="3">
                               < Bean_Finance>
                                        <product>
                                              1
                                        </product>

------
 Note that where I have the following code in the flow, is also
where I want to generate an id,
 instead of using '$toc.two' and '$toc.three', so I can refer to
them
 in the table of contents. (Of course then not under an if
condition).
 1.                   <xsl:if test="position()=1">
                       <fo:block id="{$toc.two}">
                       </fo:block>
                        </xsl:if>

 2.                    <xsl:if test="position() = 1">
                       <fo:block id="{$toc.three}">
                       </fo:block>

</xsl:if>
Regards,