xsl-list

Re: Resetting Parameters

2003-04-09 03:52:00
  select="/Request/Environment"/ would work on the particular xml I've
  provided but I will not necessarily know the exact position of the
  Environment Element within the XML file I will be provided.

But you presumably know it has some relationship to the files you want,
eg ancestor::Request//Environment[1]  would find the first Environment
child of any ancesestor Request element. (such a general XPath might be
a little expensive to perform, but could be optimised with a jey, but
before optimising you need to decide what is the relationship between
your various bits of input data.

David