xsl-list

Re: Resetting Parameters

2003-04-09 03:13:32
select="/Request/Environment"/ would work on the particular xml I've provided but I will not necessarily know the exact position of the Environment Element within the XML file I will be provided.

I pretty new to XSL and do not understand what you by "what transform I'm trying to perform".

Thank Shane.

----Original Message Follows----
From: David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Resetting Parameters
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 10:42:41 +0100

> Basically in development terms I'm trying to create a Global variable with
> can be reset and used anywhere in the script.

In common with all other declarative languages, you can't change the
value of a variable once it is bound in XSLT.

If you said what transform you were trying to perform someone may be
able to offer more help.

It doesn't look like you need a variable at all given your sample,

  <xsl:template name="ProductTypeTemplate" match="ProductType">
                <ProductType>
                        <EnvironmentParam><xsl:value-of
  select="$EnvironmentParam"/></EnvironmentParam>

probably just needs to be

<xsl:template name="ProductTypeTemplate" match="ProductType">
                <ProductType>
                        <EnvironmentParam><xsl:value-of
select="/Request/Environment"/></EnvironmentParam>

David