xsl-list

RE: selecting a template dynamically [was untitled]

2003-04-05 13:28:26
The usual solution is to use apply-templates instead. If testValue is
the name of an element node rather than a string, then you can call the
appropriate template using xsl:apply-templates.

This trick is developed into a fine art in Dimitre Novatchev's FXSL
suite.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
vikram(_dot_)x(_dot_)kondadasula(_at_)verizon(_dot_)com
Sent: 05 April 2003 19:58
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com

Hai,

I have a case where I need to call a template amongst a set
of templates, but the option is made dyamically. So I pass it
through a variable.The code is as follows,

<xsl:variable name = "test"  select="testValue"/>
      <xsl:call-template name="$test"/>

It does not work,could someone suggest a feasiable way.

Thanks
Vikram