xsl-list

RE: DTD validation

2003-04-03 11:49:08

As for as I know, you can not completely turn-off the validation
if you have doctype declaration present in the xml using XSL.
So easiest thing  would be removing doctype declaration.
You can do that by simple string manipulation.

Goodluck..

-----Original Message-----
From: Challa, Harsha [mailto:hchalla(_at_)newbreed(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 10:19 AM
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Cc: j3322ptm(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)de
Subject: [xsl] DTD validation

I desperately need more information about this, or any workarounds,  I have
a go live this week !!!!
thanks for help in advance

the error is
output of external XSL converter

XSLT error
(javax.xml.transform.TransformerException):JAVA.IO.FileNotFoundException)
C:\LoadTenderedInterface\.\EventNotif\LoadTendered.dtd ( system cannot find
the path specified)

I have switched off the validation of xml in sml spy

Hi

I have an XML document coming out of a system which needs to be
translated to text document. I have written XSL to do this, but when i apply

it to the xml it is failing because it is trying to validate against a dtd
and cannot find it.

( I am using XML spy and processor
java -cp C:\cm\lib\xalan.jar org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN %1  -XSL %3
-OUT %2

I was wondering if there is an option to turn off such validation using XSL.

thanks for help
Harsha

response i got

The Xalan CLI turns off XML validation by default already. However, turning
off validation may not be enough because even non-validating parsers have to
read the DTD (to some extent). You are probably best off removing the
DOCTYPE declaration completely with some other tool, for example a stream
editor. Another possible option is to use a custom entity resolver which
supplies an empty DTD.