xsl-list

xml to xsl: fo -> pdf format: break line!!!!

2003-05-23 02:55:23
Hi, could anyone help me?
I have some problem with the transformation of xml, through fo (formatting
object) to generate a pdf from it.

If I have information stored in a DB ORACLE, inserted from a data field where
the user could write free text (including break line, with the ENTER tab).

HOW could I represent in pdf the same formatted text? Actually the code I have
is:

<fo:block font-size="8pt" font-family="sans-serif" line-height="10pt"
space-after.optimum="4pt" padding-top="4pt">      <xsl:value-of select= "//
DATA/ROWTAG/CS01_DESC_OPERAT"/>
</fo:block>

and all that is retrived fromn DB, via XML, mantain tha case format, but lose
the end of the line,  marked on DB with a double pipe.

thanx a lot
Pedro