xsl-list

Re: Pass node to template

2003-05-21 01:07:58
Hi Karl,

Never Mind... I'm being a retard. Between my attempts to get this to
work, I ended up passing the node set to a missnamed parameter. XSLT
can be quite forgiving, for example when you reference a node which
does not exist in a select and you get back an empty string, this is
nice. It is also forgiving when setting parameter values, the
parameters do not have to exist in the template.

In XSLT 2.0, it's an error if, when you call a template by name, you
pass in a parameter that doesn't exist in that template. You can also
make sure that you're passing in all the parameters that you need by
putting required="yes" on the <xsl:param> declarations in a template.
Hopefully that will catch a lot of these kinds of errors.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison