xsl-list

Pass node to template

2003-05-20 08:30:00
Hello,

I am having difficulties passing a node to a named template.  Similar tests
on the node (as a variable) work fine inline where it was created.  However,
trying to pass it to a named template and then performing identical steps
yields the error:

msxml4.dll error '80004005'
Reference to variable or parameter 'nodEdit' must evaluate to a node list.

Here is where I set my node variable:

    <xsl:variable name="EDITPROP" select="EDITPROPS"/>
    <xsl:value-of select="$EDITPROP/@type"/>

    <!-- (notice the value-of, it my test and it works perfect) -->

Here is my call ($EDITPROP is the node):

             <xsl:call-template name="MAKE_INPUT_BOX">
                <xsl:with-param name="input_name"><xsl:value-of
select="$innerFLD"/></xsl:with-param>
                <xsl:with-param name="input_value"><xsl:value-of
select="$currentVAL" /></xsl:with-param>
                <xsl:with-param name="nodEdit"><xsl:value-of
select="$EDITPROP" /></xsl:with-param>
                </xsl:call-template>

Here is the beginning part of my template that fails:
<xsl:template name="MAKE_INPUT_BOX">
<xsl:param name="input_name"/>
<xsl:param name="input_value"/>
<xsl:param name="nodEdit"/>

    <xsl:value-of select="$nodEdit/@type"/>

    <!-- (this value-of causes an error) -->

So what am I doing wrong?
Thanks for the help.
Karl