xsl-list

RE: Straight quotes to Smart quotes

2003-05-19 17:36:32
-----Original Message-----
From: meka v.krishna prasad [mailto:mvkprasad(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com]

I want to convert Straight quotes to Smart quotes in
XSLT. But Iam facing a problem in editors. (i.e even
though Iam typing curly quotes, it has been converted
to straight quotes in the WSAD editor.) I know that in
word, it will convert automatically like that and we
can disable that option in tools.
I was confused about these two entities hexa decimal
values also. Is it possible to convert this using
Xalan?.

If you look at
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0000.pdf
The important character entities are the

QUOTATION MARK "

Start:   comma quotation mark, double turned “
End:    comma quotation mark, double ”

use character entity references as given above.
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-references

Edward Middleton