xsl-list

xsl fo - problem opening pdf file

2003-05-13 15:48:13
Hello,
    I am trying to figure out a solution for this
problem. I posted my question a week back but I got
only one response and that didn't solve my problem. So
here I am again hoping someone will help.
    I am using saxon and IE6.0
    I have a link on my page. When the user clicks on
the link, it is supposed to open a pdf file in a new
window. Instead when you click on the link a window
opens and immediately an IE message window opens
asking if I want to save or open the file. For some
reason IE thinks I am trying to download the file.

ok here are the things I have already tried....
1. Hit save button from the message window. When I do
that another IE error window popsup with this message
"Internet explorer was not able to open the internet
site. The requested site is either unavailable or
cannot be found".
This message makes no sense.
2. Hit open button from the message window. Same as 1.
3. Tried clicking the link in Netscape7.0. It just
works fine. This proves that there is no syntax error
in my xsl file. I have pasted the xsl file that I am
testing. Pls take a look at it for any obvious errors.
4. Tried removing xsl file name in my xml so the
window will open with just xml.
That works fine. So that proves there is no problem
with the xml file.

At this point I don't know what else I can do to solve
this problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
THANKS.

Mark

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>

<xsl:output media-type="application/pdf"
method="saxon:fop" xmlns:saxon="http://www.icl.com/"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>

<fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="A4"
           page-width="297mm"   page-height="210mm"
           margin-top="0.5in"  margin-bottom="0.5in"
           margin-left="0.5in" margin-right="0.5in">
          <fo:region-before extent="1.0in"/>
          <fo:region-body margin-top="1.0in"/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>

</fo:layout-master-set>

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="A4">
<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
<fo:block>Some test data</fo:block>
</fo:static-content>

<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
<fo:block>test data</fo:block>