xsl-list

RE: Evaluating last 3 or 4 characters of URL?

2003-05-11 19:56:33

We have created code that searches for a file extension and outputs it
approriately according to that file extension

1) What we do, is create a variable,

2) In this case called "fileExtension"

3) We then take the value of the @url, find all characters after the ".",
this will give you the file extension.
        <xsl:variable name="fileExtension"
select="substring-after(string(@url),'.')" />

4) You can then use a number of tests on that variable

Hope this helps: Hemi Kara

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
David Pratt
Sent: Monday, 12 May 2003 2:09 p.m.
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Evaluating last 3 or 4 characters of URL?

I am trying to evaluate the last 3 or 4 characters of a URL
so that I can add javascript in the href attribute.

It is not liking the {(_at_)url}(_dot_)  Is this not just the string value
of the url attribute? Help on the syntax appreciated.

...more
         <xsl:attribute name="id">
           <xsl:value-of select="@id"/>
         </xsl:attribute>
       </xsl:if>
       <xsl:attribute name="href">
                <xsl:choose>
                        <xsl:when test="substring({(_at_)url}, -4, 4)!='.html'">
                          javascript: do_windowopen('
                            <xsl:value-of select="@url"/>
                          ')
                        </xsl:when>
                        <xsl:when test="substring({(_at_)url}, -3, 3)!='.htm'">
                          javascript: do_windowopen('
                                <xsl:value-of select="@url"/>
                          ')
                        </xsl:when>