xsl-list

Re: how to display html data, coming in a node

2003-05-09 15:47:54
HI
                <xsl:variable name="test"><xsl:value-of
select="//file-content" /></xsl:variable>
                <xsl:value-of select="$test" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

its working fine after doing this .
actually i m using serverside transformation using MsXML Parser,
What u suggest will it will give me problems in future ??,

Thankx for Answering ,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk(_at_)mhk(_dot_)me(_dot_)uk>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 12:57 AM
Subject: RE: [xsl] how to display html data, coming in a node

So long as you only need this to display on browsers that support the
optional disable-output-escaping feature (IE does, Netscape doesn't) you
can display the HTML using disable-output-escaping="yes".

This isn't an ideal solution, because it only works in certain
environments (where the transformation is producing text output that is
then being re-parsed by the receiving application), but it's a pragmatic
approach. Better is to change the source document so that instead of
containing HTML within CDATA, it contains directly-nested XHTML.

Michael Kay