xsl-list

Creating unique node attributes in output

2003-05-03 09:01:10
I am trying to write a stylesheet that processes an xml file and assigns a globally unique id tag to the output of each node I process. These tags are not present in the original xml. I thought of just creating a variable and incrementing it and using that but it seems that varaibles are not really so variable in xsl. How is this done?

--
"Firing people can give you a pretty good buzz, but it's a poor, poor substitute for killing. I realize that now" - Dale Gribble