xsl-list

interactive XSLT

2003-05-03 02:23:18
Sorry, if this question is simple for you. But I can not find a good
solution from the Web articles I found.

My problem sound very simple:

I want to display the XML source applying different XSL style sheets
dependent on the user interaction (e.g. buttons) or (preferred) the same
style sheet with different parameter settings. The xml should not be
transformed to html and then displayed, but directly viewed in the browser
( starting first a parser with different parameters would be too much
handling overhead at customer side).

MY QUESTION:
  Can I modify parameters (xsl:param) from Javascript based on user
interaction? How?
  Can I combine one XML document with different style sheets based on user
interaction (e.g. Javascript)?

The XML should be viewed at our customers. On these Linux PCs mozilla is
installed as browser. No web server is available.

Thank you very much for a hint, how to go on.

Simone Rehm