xsl-list

RE: Ho to acheiverReverse XML transformation?

2003-06-20 04:08:55
XSLT is a general-purpose programming language, and general-purpose
programs are not reversible. If you write a stylesheet that calculates
the total sales for the year, I can't reverse that to get back the sales
figures for each month.

Michael Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
Kalyan Ghosh
Sent: 20 June 2003 07:57
To: XSL-List(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Ho to acheiverReverse XML transformation?

Hello everyone,

Suppose I have three XML files, I merged all the three to get
one single XML. Next I applied a XSL to get a resultant XML.
Now if in this XML that we got as a result of the
transformation some node value gets changed, how do I update
the parent XML with the changed data?

Thanks,
Kalyan Ghosh.