xsl-list

SV: XSL, Escaping, undocumented?

2003-06-16 05:30:26
Hi.
I found out that, when assigning a value to a variable, from the document
function, and the value is not enclosed in tags (<value>11:34</value>), the
variable will be empty.

The question is now, whether it's possible to retrieve the value, when it's
not enclosed in tags.

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]Pa vegne af
Michael Kay
Sendt: 15. juni 2003 22:22
Til: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Emne: RE: [xsl] XSL, Escaping, undocumented?

XSL will try to retrieve a value from the URL:
www.time.gov/time.asp?state=la&amp;applysummertime=no
 - which, of course, is invalid to ASP. ASP is not supposed
to convert the URL. The browser is the only device that
converts content, that is, XML, HTML etc.

The question is, more directly: How do I put a & in an URL,
that I can pass to the document() function.

When you write &amp; in the URL in your stylesheet, it is converted by
the XML parser to "&", so the URL that is passed to the document
function is indeed

 www.time.gov/time.asp?state=la&applysummertime=no

I can't see why this isn't working.

Michael Kay