xsl-list

RE: XSL, Escaping, undocumented?

2003-06-15 05:23:35
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
FireNet -
Information
Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2003 2:00 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: SV: [xsl] XSL, Escaping, undocumented?

I'm using MS XML 4, XSL transformation.

My problem seems to be, that the document() function in XSL doesn't pass a
GET request when the URL contains >>&amp;<<.

Well.

I just ran a test using MSXSL.exe, using the "-u 4.0" command line flag and
obtained a trace. Sure enough, MSXSL *does* send a GET request, and properly
submits the ampersand as one character.

Tests have shown that ASP (IIS) converts things like >>&amp;<< to >>&<<
automaticly.

When? Where? Why?

The problem therefore lies in the document() function. I _could_ write #
instead of &, and make the ASP script switch the characters.
 - surely, I'd rather have it work the right way. Any ideas?

It seems to me that something else is wrong on your system.

Does the URL work once you switch to a different XSLT processor, such as
Instant Saxon? Can you post a complete example that shows the behaviour?